Inspired and influenced by the many years of outstanding content produced by Bob Cowan on his blog, Skip Cottage Curling, I decided to create my own space to reflect the passion I have for the world’s greatest sport.
My academic background includes a Master of Arts with Honours in Modern European Languages from The University of Edinburgh and a Master of Arts in Journalism at Edinburgh Napier University. During my time at Edinburgh I was a regular contributor to their newspaper, The Student, in the sport and music sections.
I have previously worked as a reporter for the newspaper Stirling News – a publication that I ensured featured curling whenever possible.
- First watched the sport: As far back as I can remember
- First played the sport: 2007
- Edinburgh University Curling Club Publicity Officer 2008-2009
- Edinburgh University Curling Club Publicity and Alumni Officer 2010-2011
- Royal Caledonian Curling Club Assistant Coach
- Completed Royal Caledonian Curling Club and Sports Coach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course
- Curling Ice Crew at 1st Winter Youth Olympic Games, Innsbruck 2012 (Volunteer)
- English Curling Association Webmaster
And just for fun…
- Curling stones owned: 4
The image that features as the header on my blog was taken during the 1st Winter Youth Olympics Games in Innsbruck 2012.
The quote that appears under the blog title comes from The Curlers’ Grace, a full version of which can be found here.